Friday, August 29, 2008

School is in session!









OK... so I whined about "when is school going to start" ALLLLLL summer long... and guess who was sad when it finally did? Yup.... me.... first grade is just SOOOOOO different than kindergarten. There is no little rug to go sit on.... no cute reading areas... no little cubbies. Now they have their own little desk (Mason totally digs this) and their own school supplies (ditto). So Mason says, "OK Mom... you can go now. Love you." Oh man.... where did my nervous little guy go? I am so glad he enjoys it and loves being independent... I guess it is always hard to watch them take the next steps in their young lives. I am such a wimp!

6 comments:

Tanya said...

My daughter also just started 1st grade...it's a whole new ball game. I'm the same way...I couldn't wait for school to start, and now I miss her!

Positively Creative! said...

I came over from Tip Junkie and love your creativeness...very cute baby announcement...and totally cute family! Thanks for sharin'

Julie Magallanes said...

Kristin,

I sooo feel the same way! (My) Mason lovessss first grade though, he thinks I like his teacher so much because "she gives me sweets when I get things right, mom" little does he know, I like her because she is a great teacher! LOL

ONEHUNTINCHICK said...

I love those boys...AND U! I know how you feel about first grade....Alyssa is going to jr high next year EEEKKKKK!

Jennifer Priest said...

Oh how fun!! What cute pics too!!

Sherry Wright said...

Aww.. he looks so sweet heading off to school. And your dh is the sweetest what a great group of friends & family you have. Happy belated birthday! :0)