Monday, October 3, 2011

Struggling....

Seems like a theme lately. Reallllly trying to find balance out here in Colorado lately. I have been working extra days (trying to pay off a series of bad events) and really trying to just catch my breath. Most days, we have football from 6:00-8:30. I get home from work, get dinner, finish homework and out the door for practice. Taking call stinks... lack of sleep doesn't help matters. Computer is broken (will be out of commission for 4 days)... so I am here at work typing this. Things are frustrating... jobs are few and far between for Trafton and it is a very scary time in the world. The economy is awful and it seems like one thing after another keeps happening. UGH.... just need a breather and I don't see one in sight.
I struggle with finding time to work out, do creative things, bake and spend time with the boys.... like good QUALITY time with them. We are burned out with no relief.... so we are alive and healthy.... yeah. Just running on empty and trying to make time for the family. Discovering that 9 year old boys are mouthy and irritable... Mason sure is testing us lately. I try to spend time with them at bedtime:
I tuck them both in (which includes talking about the day.... tickling them.... rubbing their backs...and going over what time I leave in the morning.... and yes... "I WILL WAKE YOU UP" in the morning boys....). It is never enough. They still want me to stay longer, talk more, read another book. They want me home more.... I feel guilty....
It is tiring and frustrating but I know they need all the extras as well.... even though I can't wait to crawl into bed and hopefully sleep for 6 or so hours before I get up and do it all again.
I have so much respect for single mommies. I do not know how you do it. Truly.
Trying some new meds for my migraines... hopefully they will help.
Trying to create stuff for an upcoming craft fair that will hopefully make me some moolah for Christmas... or new tires... or a new computer... or a new air conditioning hose that just blew up on Sunday....or Mason's travel ball team that will cost us a pretty penny.
Tell me... does it ever end?
I am thankful for our good health, good schools, having a job I love, a roof over our head and a car that takes us to these places....
I miss my family and friends back home that I was always able to decompress with and have a glass of wine. I miss just being able to do that. I really need it right now... so now I am officially homesick. BLAH....
So that is my life these days.... I am still here and have lots to show you once my computer is back and working right again. Let's hope nothing is lost and it is cheap to fix. HA! I just am spreading myself soooo thin these days....too thin.
So I will be back.... soon I hope. Hope all is well out there with you all! :)

5 comments:

Cozart Family said...

Ahh sweetie, boy can I relate to your entire vent/ post. We all struggle and I miss my family too. I may not be as far away as you but still 1.5 hours is tough to do when one mouthy 8 year old is in school!! Money is ALwAYS an issue, since I stopped working we barely make it by. However, I love to be home wit the girls, because I missed so much of Ricky and AMy that I don't want to go back. I want to raise my babies what i have left any way. we need new tires on the excursion, the motorhome and the toys need stuff, I got a flat on my car that needed to be patched. UGH the list goes on and on. Anyway, I love you and wish i could have a glass of wine with you and laugh and vent and just get it all out!! xoxoxo

Julie Magallanes said...

Trust me, I COMPLETELY understand! Vic has been laid off for two yrs! He is working at Home Depot but it is a sixth of what he was making before. I can't find a full time teaching job as they are still laying off teachers out here so i have had to take on a part time job that i hate :( gotta do what ya gotta do, i guess. We couldn't afford our house in LV anymore so we had to move to West Covina with my mother in law...don't get me started on that. I feel like i am exhausted ALL THE TIME, and it has definitely put a strain on our marriage :( not too mention not having any extra money EVER makes for a boring weekend and to top it off, I feel guilty that my kids can't do the fun things their friends get to do. So trust me, I understand. XOXO miss you.

Kristin Hayne said...

You guys are so fabulous....see why I am homesick? I need you guys!! I am sorry that the economy has hit everyone so hard but Trac... it is sooooo worth it staying home. Enjoy your baby for as long as you can. And Julie... just WAH... I know about the strain on marriage and all the issues that the money thing brings. I am lucky that I can work extra but am just exhausted trying to do it all. Hang in there guys... I think I may just need to come home REALLY soon. Miss u tons!! XOXOXOXOX

Cindy Tobey said...

I am so sorry you are going through such a rough patch. We've been there too and it will get better hon! It will. Hang in there girl, I'm praying for you. ((hugs))

Kristin Hayne said...

Thank you Cindy!!! We need it. And this will pass... I am sure of it. :) Thanks for the prayers!! XOXOXOX You are such a sweet friend!!