Sunday, August 30, 2009

New PETS?!?!?

Well... I guess I have had to get used to the local wildlife and insects of Colorado pretty darn quickly. Everything you see in this post is literally within minutes of our home here.... or directly ON our property. The boys are in heaven here.... ME? Some things I love.... the creepy crawlers are taking some getting used too....

Here are some monster bucks and a cute mommy and fawn:
We have HUNDREDS of these grasshoppers in our backyard.... Landon LOVES to catch them!!
The boys wanted to keep this little guy.... I am thinking NOT!!!And this guy is named Stumpy.... he is there every night.
This little bat is Stinky... he poops on our front porch a lot.... GREAAAAAAAAT~
And here is the Mommy snake.... She is FAST and very big!!

5 comments:

Julie Magallanes said...

Ok you are one brave soul! The bucks and deer are sweet, grasshoppers are ok but not by the hundreds, but the snakes, bat and spiders.....ick! You need to open up a zoo and start charging! Miss you guys!

Beth said...

Remember when I said that I would come and see you? I am rethinking that...... ;)

Cozart Family said...

Ok girl, I am not so sure about the reptiles and bats! The buck and deer' oh so cute. But the rest ick!! You are so much more brave then me. I don't think I would be taking the pictures. I might be hiding somewhere inside. Love you and looks like the kids are loving the new home. Did you start working yet?

My Bullock Clan said...

oh my gosh Toosies! Your boys must be in heaven. Kyler would be. Just think you don't have to take them to the zoo, they can just go out in the backyard! lol! great pics:)

Shawn said...

roflmbo- loving stinky and stumpy (or whatever they are called)... too stinkin cute!!!!