Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Extreme Couponing....

I can thank my mother in-law for getting me sucked into this show. I recorded a few episodes of Extreme Couponing to see what all the fuss was about. It was hard for me to believe that these people could get so many groceries for $5.49 (I think the grand total was $1100 or something). Craziness, right? Well... these people are a bit obsessed with it... I can see doing this for a big family, to help with church donations...etc. But how many bottles of mustard can one family use? Certainly not 67.... right? WOW... that's a lot of condiments... Trafton hates the fact that I watch the show... I think he knows that I would give it a shot to see how much we could save. Maybe he's afraid of me wanting HIM to start couponing....he doesn't even believe it's real but it is pretty amazing what people have actually saved. Will this all go bad before they can actually use it? It is pretty extreme but it is also pretty amazing as well. You should check it out. I may have to start clipping a few coupons to see what I can save..... then again... there aren't enough hours in my days lately....and these families put A LOT of time into this....
OK.... this is just nutso.... Really? I hope this lady is feeding 14 people.... SERIOUSLY...
This is where I would draw the line.... dumpster diving...

Let me know what you think of the show.....if you have time to watch it. :)

1 comment:

Cozart Family said...

HAHAAHA! Must be a hayne think, Kent and I watch it, Rach and Melissa watch it too. My problem is that they buy stuff not real food. What would I do or need 100 bottles of mustard for? 30 boxes of cereal? That would all get tossed instead of used so it seems wasteful. I want to know what she buys to actually eat for meals. Do you think its all crap like mac and cheese or hotdogs? I plan a menu first of meals and the look at coupons and then shop. Seems like they buy just what they have a coupon for.
xoxoxo