Saturday, May 7, 2011

UPDATE TO FEARS POST....

As of Friday, May 6, 2011... I can officially say that I have at least 11 fears....
11. Dying inside a Chevy Tahoe Z71 while it is on fire.... seriously... (this picture is just a reference of what ALMOST happened to me... well... it may be a bit dramatic.... but it was kinda scary....)
Driving to the hospital for my regular Friday shift, my car slips a gear and starts making some REALLY scary noises.... like, the kind you NEVER want to hear coming out of your car that is driving.... I managed to turn around and get home since I was fairly close... Pull up to my driveway and a whoosh of smoke follows me. I see my normally calm husband holding a coffee mug outside waiting for me.... THROWS the mug down... runs for the hose and yells GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!!!! Ummmm.... needless to say I moved faster than I have in over 15 years. My transmission cracked and all the transmission fluid was catching fire (maybe on the catalytic converter?!), at least that is what Trafton said. Fire put out, AAA called and probably $3000 later, I may get my Tahoe back in...say.... 2 weeks or so. UGH. Sooooo not a good Friday. so.not.good. :(

1 comment:

Sherry Wright said...

Oh, how scary. Glad you're ok. ((hugs)) Enjoy the rest of your weekend and Happy Mother's Day!